Assignment 1 Basic Castle model


For the castle I use a mix of extrusions and lofts. The plateau was made by drawing 3 poly-shapes from the top view and then lofting them together. The bridge was the next section. I made the bridge with a singe extruded rectangle and then lofted 3 sequentially smaller rectangles to create the supporting arches with their concave bend, I simple alt moved them to duplicate them along the bridge. The perimeter wall was two pentagons made with the polygon tool which I extruded together, after capping them I cut them into eachother and then removed the inner cut faces before joining them into a solid wall. I drew and extruded another polygon perpendicular to the wall so that I could cut away from the wall and add some irregularities to imitate erosion. I made archways using the circle and rectangle tools, connecting them with the line and extruding, then for the broken wall entranced I used another extrusion to cut it diagonally. For the buildings I used simple pentagon extrusions as I was having trouble with the object snapping and applying curves to faces. I remember doing such in the previous object design course so but I'm sure it'll come back to me. lastly I put some pentagons near the base of the wall as some rubble. I feel there was more I should have been able to do but I think I need to become more familiar with Rhino's interface and commands again, I had to resort to using the grid to draw my curves and I really couldn't build off of my model like I wanted too.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineering Object

Digital Object Final