Reverse Engineering Object






For the assignment we are instructed to choose an assembled object which we're going to use to fabricate in Rhino 3D. This flashlight was not my first choice however my PS3 controller is still too valuable as an interface for my PC and my model tank is simply too detailed for me to model thoroughly in the current timeframe. The tank was really tempting since it is fairly old with missing or broken pieces making this a learning opportunity to use the printer to replace or add new designs however again it's too complicated for the current project scope as well I superglued the the parts when I assembled it 10 years ago and I can't explode it without damaging it.

For the flashlight I feel it is somewhat simple being cylindrical however there are some complexity to it's case such as grooves indents and textures for gripping as well the case unscrews in 3 separate parts which I recall was commented as being somewhat temperamental to model. The internal parts will also be more difficult than the rest accounting for both the cavity space, internal sockets and internal components that will need to be modelled such as the socket for the LED circuit spring, the array of LED lights inside the bulb, and the battery pack.




Comments

  1. Jonathon,
    I'm not sure why, but it appears your images are broken!
    -B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Object Final