3D Printed Rings


For my rings I had a mix of clunky geometric shapes laid over organic shapes, I had different concepts for rings from double fingered rings and rings that went on in reverse. I have a phobia after hearing stories of people who lose their fingers from accidents with rings so I made the rings open so that under strain they will pop off or break for user safety. I chose the 3 rings based on the strength of their gesture and I chose the one I dubbed Speed Ring on export as I found it captured that concept of motion nicely. Responses like the bubble ring more in it's shape and profile however after rendering it out I found some technical errors with filleting the sockets for the bubbles as well the final design had structural problems in the way the underside was lofted so I opted for the speed shaped ring instead. I added a cone on the underside of the backdraft section as I was concerned for the structural integrity, an additional part I would change would be extruding the ring band farther back so that it would be more stable, that or add an additional section that would contact the finger farther back for stability.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineering Object

Digital Object Final